Shutdown orders due to the COVID-19 virus pandemic have created economic disruption, causing companies to scale back on intellectual property (IP) expense. This webinar covers suggestions for protecting IP on a reduced budget. The strategies presented will provide attendees with a competitive edge over competitors who are sitting on the IP sidelines during the pandemic.
Some of the topics covered include:
- Why getting in line early and maintaining a place in line at the Patent Office is crucial to protect your patentable inventions
- How to reserve and maintain your place in line at the Patent Office while reducing and/or deferring certain examination-related expenses
- How to use existing patent prosecution techniques to achieve these goals without relying on potentially risky newly-available COVID-19 options from the Patent Office
- How to use certain techniques related to claim drafting, patent family and portfolio filing strategies, and international patent practice to reduce costs
- Using non-patent approaches to protect certain IP
About Tom Cowan
Tom is a partner at the IP and technology law firm Knobbe Martens. While his practice focuses on securing IP protection for mechanical, medical and aerospace technologies, the talk will be applicable to most technologies.
About Knobbe Martens
Knobbe Martens is an agent of innovation, providing clients worldwide with forward-focused intellectual property and technology law service and representation. They are one of the largest and fastest-growing IP law firms, with over 275 attorneys and scientists representing the complete spectrum of technologies and IP practice areas.
They combine unmatched technical and litigation expertise to deliver superior results in both transactional and contested matters, for both cutting-edge start-ups and established Fortune 500 companies. Their work spans fields ranging from physics to pharmaceuticals and entertainment to engineering.